Are you looking for nootropic supplements to boost mental performance and improve productivity level in your daily life?
Have you been feeling drowsy for more than 4 weeks and suffer from extreme tiredness?
There are three main reasons of why brain supplements have become so popular in recent days: they
Cognitive-enhancers can also trigger motivation and improve mood which may help achieve results in different fields. Below are TOP 4 nootropic supplements in 2022 that are really worth your attention.
Have you seen the Brad Cooper’s movie Limitless?
Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a drug that can push your mind to work at 100% capacity.
This might not be available in the market today, but this drug I’m about to share to you definitely takes you one step closer.
Nootropics, or simply known as smart drugs, have the ability to develop our brain’s cognitive functions.
They are supplements that if taken overtime, will teach our brains to be continually smart.
One of the widely known nootropics in the industry today is NooCube.
Suddenly feeling drained?
Has work been getting to you lately? Have you been feeling short on motivation?
Like you want to go full carpe diem but your mind just doesn’t feel like it’s up for it. Maybe you have to find a better solution than rest.
Why don’t you give Mind Lab Pro a try?
If your brain needs a little boost, Mind Lab Pro pills is yet very effective solution. It’s a nootropic made from natural ingredients. Nootropics are supplements that are believed to boost brain activity.
One of the things that people dread about while choosing supplements is the complexity in building stacks.
If you can get that right you can easily get the results as expected and minimize the side effects.
I was one among the many that find it difficult to create the right supplement stacks.
The moment I heard about Performance Lab, I knew that I had to try it and I did.
So I will talk about my experience with Performance Lab here.
Neuroactiv6 brought a lot of promises on the table.
Did they stay true to their word?
Up next, we will review this heavily praised brain supplement.
Its benefits are definitely different from other similar nootropics.
Its benefits are the main reason this product caught our attention though. It is definitely going to be a long time before someone comes up with a product that is as promising as Neuroactiv6.
Why Nootropics Have Become So Popular
Early men and women used to be hunter-gatherers prior to civilization. Human beings were reliant on nature for all their needs and it was crucial for them to stay focused and maintain sufficient levels of concentration to survive in the wild. While on the hunt, their cognitive abilities were flawless to be able to catch a prey and bring it back to the shelter.
It has been proven that our attention span is indeed short. But with our daily work, we will surely need the concentration to be able to finish the job.
Nootropics will help you have a clear line of sight. They will increase your focus and your drive to concentrate on any given task. A domino effect follows this enhancement. Your productivity increases, your mind is sharper. You are more efficient. Just imagine, no limits and endless possibilities.
- Enhance learning capacity and memory.
- Prevent side effects of barbiturates, anticholinergic, and other similar chemicals to boost positive thoughts.
- Improve firing efficiency in the neuron.
- Very low or zero side effects.
The History of Nootropics
The world’s first nootropic was discovered back in the 1960s. by a Belgian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea. It first went through as a treatment of the motion sickness issue. A few years later a research was done to reveal the memory-boosting potential of the drug. The very first study on piracetam was performed in 1971 to find out how the drug could actually improve memory.
The results were notable which made neuroscientists conduct a series of new clinical studies on both the piracetam and racetam to unfold neuroprotective and memory-related benefits. They figured out that even though this was the first scientifically proven nootropic, people were taking its certain ingredients since a long time ago and thus, boosting their cognitive abilities.
The use of such substances is well explained in many ancient manuscripts. The ancient Kava drink ceremony of the Pacific was valued for its medical as well as social purposes. The American Indians ate peyote for health benefits (to cure ailments like skin deceases and joint pain) and to spread spiritual awareness and talk to Gods.
The ancient Ayurvedic writings claim that the medical science was reliant on substances that people could potentially brew or chew to maintain good health. All of these healing methods demonstrate that natural nootropics were in demand long before the smart drugs were released.
Research on Smart Drugs
The USSR scientists had put much effort into studying racetams, which brought in the whole new category of substances called adaptogens. Not only did they help the body to fight stress and anxiety but also enhance cognitive functions.
When the soviets proclaimed the dissolution of the country, much of the restricted information on adaptogens and nootropics was disclosed and became available to the public. It was then that the US government had tightened control over the usage of supplements and drugs.
When the regulation came into force, nootropics were split into two classes: the ones, which need to be authorized and controlled by the government for legal sales, and the others, which fall under food category and not subject to strict regulations.
What is Neurogenesis?
Neurogenesis is the birth of new neurons (brain cells) from progenitor or neural stem cells in the brain.
The Human Brain and Neurogenesis
Neurogenesis is very active while an embryo is developing. This is why Neurogenesis is crucial in a persons’ brain development before birth.
Certain health issues relating to the brain may not be apparent or not even existent at a younger age but start to emerge and manifest as you grow older.
Some groups believe that these brain-related problems arise because our brain’s plasticity and neurogenesis stops at a certain age. Recent studies however, disproved this and showed that neurogenesis continues in particular brain regions throughout our lifetime.
To boost and supplement this mind reconstruction process with Neurogenesis, people developed mechanisms targeting the brain, just like nootropics.
What is a Nootropic?
that you may take to improve your mental performance, particularly your memory, motivation or creativity.
How Can a Nootropic Make Your Brain Function Better?
Nootropics increase the levels of your BDNF or brain-derived neurotrophic factor. These are proteins that your body naturally produces to protect your neurons and enhance synap formation (synaptogenesis) and synaptic adaptability.
Synaptogenesis is the formation of pathways or connections between neurons. Synapses or the pathways, are essential for the development of your new memory. They transmit and regulate the impulse from one neuron to another for communication between pre and post synaptic neurons.
All of these components are essential for the regulation of your mood, improving your focus, maintenance of your brain clarity and in gaining new skills.
Nootropics’ Effects on Neurogenesis
A research study in 1960 showed that neugogenesis is still happening in an adult mouse and even in adult cats. With these results, neuroscientists believe that it also occurs in humans.
However, you would still often hear elderly people say that they have muddled thoughts or they start experiencing brain fog as they age. One of the main reasons for that is their synapses and neural pathways may have degenerated early.
Clinically tested nootropics proved to enhance the plasticity of the brain regeneration of neurons and increase cognitive functions. Neuroscientists are now conducting studies on how the elements of best nootropics function and how they affect our cognitive abilities, thoughts and memory.
Their studies show that these nootropic elements affect the brain’s cholinergic and dopaminergic system, which controls the acetylcholine and dopamine. These two are the vital neurotransmitters of our brain.
- Transcription factors: They are part of the neuron organization and division of the precursor cells.
- Neurotrophic factors: They support neuron growth as well as safeguard the neurons.
- Neurotransmitters: Examples of this are GABA, Serotonin, Dopamine and glutamate.
- Morphogens: Compound that helps in the growth of precursor cells.
Nootropics positively affects our brain’s systems that control its neurotransmitters. This effect gives you a better cognitive function and good mental health.
Our Thinking Process and Neurons
Neurons are brain cells that create pathways in our brain to promote our thinking process as well as recall details from memory. All individuals need neurons to be able to do tasks.
Healthy food and good sleep reduce your levels of stress and help establish good neural connections including the repair process.Your hippocampus is also protected from shrinking when you perform mental activities and learn new life skills.
Aside from those smart drugs, supplements and substances, They help in enhancing your vision and increase calmness.
The vital nutrient Vitamin B is a natural nootropics and the micronutrient Vitamin B12 can improve eyesight.If an individual suffers from Vitamin B12 deficiency for quite some time, his eye’s optic nerve can be possibly damaged. This will result in a blurry vision or he may even lose visual acuity.
Intake of Vitamin B12 nootropics will help prevent or reverse these issues.There are also a lot or herbs that are rich in natural nootropics. Their best nootropic properties can increase improve your vision and increase your mental acuity.
- Turmeric: This herb is a world trusted antibiotic and antiseptic ingredient. Consuming turmeric daily would prevent oxidation of your irises. It also has other benefits that are not just concentrated on your eyes.
- Saffron: This helps delay vision deterioration, especially for elderly people.
- Gingko Biloba: This helps eliminate risks of glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Fennel: This helps cure eye inflammation.
- Bilberries: This herb has many benefits. It has anthocyanosides that helps your eyes adapt to changes in the light conditions and enhance night vision. It also helps in blood circulation, improving the flow of blood to your eyes.
Nootropic Drugs Health Benefits
Clinically tested nootropic drugs have proven their effectiveness in giving health benefits that are not just short-term but also long-term. Nootropics will significantly reduce your stress levels, increase your productivity, you’ll stop suffering from short term loss of memory and your focus will improve.
You’ll also start seeing benefits that are long-term. You’ll notice improvement in your memory and ability to memorize things. You are always in a good mood and your mental clarity is better.
Let’s take a closer look at these benefits.
Enhanced Brain Power
People take nootropics to improve the functions of their brain, but these drugs are not limited only to functionality. Nootropics can also increase your energy, and it does not have any side effects.
- Nootropics support the flow of the blood to your brain.
- Nootropics boost energy generation in the mitochondria of your brain cell. Mitochondria is your cell’s powerhouse. Its main job is to take in the nutrients, break it down and turn it into energy. The cell will then use that energy.
- Nootropics harmonize your alpha brain waves and thus give you wakeful relaxation. A wakeful relaxation can even boost your memory.
- Nootropics promotes multi-tasking while reinforcing your brain’s ability to fight stress.
When your brain is fully energized, you function well, is agile and fully alert. Rhodiola rosea, Rhodiola, Citicoline and L-tyrosine are the most popular nootropics that helps improve brain power.
Why are nootropics also called smart drugs? This is because nootropics enhances your different memory functions and will help you memorize things and remember for a longer time.
This is very popular with students and those reviewing for the board exams.Nootropics with Citicoline, Gingko Biloba, Phosphatidylserine and Vitamin B6 will quickly boost your memory levels. A nootropic with these substances can increase your energy levels.
The fast-paced and competitive lifestyle we have today is stressful. Stress is major contributing factor for mental fatigue, which sometimes leads to mental breakdown.
Manufacturers developed and designed nootropics to provide aid so your life can be a lot better by helping in reducing your stress levels.
- Bacopa Monnieri: This is an adaptogen, that is a plant extract. It supports your body so it can better adapt to stress and combat it.
- L-Theanine: This is a substance that won’t only reduce and cure your mental stress but also adapt the alpha waves of your brain. Increase alpha waves can minimize depression and stimulate creativity.
- L-Tyrosine: Getting stressed depletes certain chemicals from your brain. L-Tyrosine will help you in replenishing those chemicals and have a quick recovery.
- Rhodiola Rosea: This plant extract adaptogen is popular as an aid for fighting stress and increasing the mental performance.
Improved Quality of Sleep
I have always been told to sleep early because sleeping repairs and replenishes your brain cells. I guess, that belief has a basis because studies showed that sleep patterns, when optimal, helps the brain perform better.
Some of the nootropic drugs promote healthy sleep so your brain can function to a greater degree. Plus, you normally feel refreshed after a good sleep.
Attention Span is Longer
I hear this often: People with an attention span that is longer are smarter. There are different ways nootropics can increase attention span.
- Altering attention
- Divided attention
- Focused attention
- Selective attention
Many consider Citicoline and Rhodiola Rose as the best nootropic drugs for increasing attention span.
Benefits (Long Term)
The regeneration procedure or process is happening when the membranes of your brain cells start to repair and remodel themselves and produce new neurons that relate to your new experiences and learnings.
Your brain is constantly regenerating new cells and nootropics will help optimize this regeneration process. Nootropics work as your brain’s raw material’s building blocks as well as promoters of regrowth. This speeds up the procedure of cell regeneration for a better mental health.
- Citicoline: This nootropic helps brain cell regeneration by 26%.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: This boosts your NGF or Nerve Growth Factor and provides it flexibility which is crucial in the cell regeneration procedure.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract: This is for medicinal purposes only. This extract has flavonoids, which boost your neural connections and increase the levels of your BDNF.
- Neuroprotection: From the word neuro which means brain cells and protection. Nootropics slow down the free radicals’ effects in your brain (normally age acceleration) and thus not only helps cell growth but protects it.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS): When your brain cells are dying, PS will remove them and dispose of them to prevent toxic damage to your other cells.